How to power cycle wyze camera: Sometimes with technology it can be difficult to know how to reset or power cycle a device that’s not working properly or when you first set it up so today I’m going to show you how to do that with the Wyze camera. Now if you have one of these cameras and it’s not working after you plug it in and connect it to your Wi-Fi, you may need to power cycle it. Let me show you how easy that is.
Power Cycle your Wyze Cam
If your Wyze Cam isn’t working properly, you may need to power cycle it. This means turning the camera off and then back on again. Here’s how 1) Press down for 3 seconds on the top of the camera until it turns red (hold for about 3 seconds).
2) Release and wait a few seconds before pressing the power button again.
3) The light will turn blue once fully turned on.
4) Press OK to confirm that you would like to power cycle your Wyze Cam. 5) Wait 10-15 seconds for the camera to reboot. 6) Turn your Wyze Cam off and then back on again. 7) You can now enjoy watching live video from your Wyze Cam!
Reset Wyze Software
If your Wyze Camera isn’t working as it should, a good troubleshooting step is to reset the Wyze software on your device. This will restore the Wyze Camera to its default settings and may fix the issue. Here’s how 1) Power off your Wyze Cam by pressing the button at the top of the camera for 10 seconds.
2) Disconnect all cables from the device and leave them disconnected for at least 5 minutes.
3) Reconnect cables one at a time, starting with ethernet cable followed by USB cable.
4) Power on Wyze Cam by pressing button at top of camera again. The light ring around the power button will blink white while booting up.
5) Check that Wyze Cam has connected successfully to your Wi-Fi network and can be controlled remotely by logging into app in another room.
Reset Network Settings
If your Wyze Cam isn’t connecting to the internet, you may need to reset its network settings. Here’s how:
- Unplug the Wyze Cam from the power source.
- Wait 5 seconds and then plug the Wyze Cam back in.
- Wait for the blue light on the front of the Wyze Cam to turn on, indicating that it’s booting up.
- Once the blue light turns on, tap Next and follow the prompts to set up a Wi-Fi connection or connect over Ethernet cable. You can also just skip this step by tapping Skip Setup & Join My Network when prompted. Tap Next again, choose what device you’re using (for example Android Phone), and sign into your Google account to complete setup. You’ll be asked if you want Wyze Smart Home Security updates pushed to your phone—we recommend accepting this setting so you always have the latest software.
If your Wyze Cam v2 or Pan camera isn’t working as expected, you may need to reset it. This will clear all current settings and return the camera to its factory default state. To reset your Wyze Cam v2:
- Remove the battery from your Wyze Cam v2.
- Insert a paperclip or SIM card tool into the reset hole on the bottom of your Wyze Cam v2 and press until you hear a click.
- Reinsert the battery and turn on your Wyze Cam v2 by pressing the On/Off button.
- Your Wyze Cam v2 should now be reset to factory defaults and ready for setup again . You can also try plugging in your Wyze Cam v2 and then turning it back off after five seconds, then powering it back on. For information about how to manually update the firmware on your Wyze Cam v2, please see this post .
If your Wyze Cam is still not connecting to the internet, you may need to restart your router. This will clear any internet connection issues and should fix the problem. Here’s how:
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your router back in and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Once it’s connected, try opening the Wyze app again.